Our 10 Year Financial Plan 2022/23 to 2031/32 provides a financial road map for the future. Adopted at the 28 June 2022 Council Meeting, the 10 Year Financial Plan ensures we deliver on the Council Plan and build a financially sustainable organisation.
Highlights of the 10 Year Financial Plan
- Rate rises in line with the rate cap
- A sustainable level of surpluses and cash holdings
- Responds to our community’s aspirations
- $1.6 billion on service delivery over the 10 years
- A $0.55 billion capital works program over the 10 years. The program averages $55 million per annum over the next 10 years - a significant uplift on the historical average annual spend (average of $41 million per annum for the previous four years)
- Increased ongoing funding for footpaths, drains, trees
- A $50 million allocation for the development of major community facilities
- $8 million for waste initiatives
- $18 million to purchase property to increase the open space within the municipality
- $99 million for the open space, parks and streetscapes beautification and improvement program
- $5 million for strategic property acquisitions
Strategic Property Portfolio
The Strategic Property Portfolio (SPP) makes up part of the 10 Year Financial Plan by contributing to Council’s vision of being a financially sustainable organisation. Adopted at the 25 October 2022 Council Meeting, the Strategic Property Portfolio intention is to acquire property that will strategically enhance opportunities for development and community enhancement.
The SPP vision and principal:
The Strategic Property Portfolio will provide the City of Manningham with an additional funding source to enhance services and associated infrastructure for the benefit of the community.
Contribute to an alternative income stream to achieve Council’s mission to be a financially sustainable Council.