Manningham Council has appointed a Community Reference Panel to help shape flooding and stormwater management in Manningham.
The Panel was selected through an Expression of Interest process and will work with us to better understand and address increasing challenges to water management, including:
- climate change
- development pressure; and
- population growth.
Manningham Mayor, Cr Michelle Kleinert, said the collaborative approach will support quality decision making, ensuring Manningham is best placed to proactively and sustainably meet the challenges ahead.
“We’re so grateful to the community members who have come forward to share their time, knowledge and skills to help guide our approach to flood risk and water management,” she said.
“We’ll work together to develop a strategy to secure our water future and enhance the long-term sustainability, resilience and liveability of Manningham,” Cr Kleinert said.
The Panel will help guide the development of the:
- Manningham Flood Mapping Project; and
- Integrated Water Management Strategy.
It will consist of:
- an independent facilitator
- eleven community members with a spread of representation across Manningham and membership reflecting the diversity of our community
- Councillors Stephen Mayne and Geoff Gough
- up to three Council officer representatives; and
- subject matter experts.
The first meeting will be held in late 2022.
For more information, visit the Your Say Manningham Flooding and Stormwater Management page.